I40 Design Build
Design Build in Wake and Johnston Counties (S. T. Wooten Corporation)
From the I-40 / I-440 / US 64 interchange in Wake County to just north of SR 1525 (Cornwallis Road) in Johnston County, the Design-Build Project I-5111 / I-4739 will widen approximately 12.8 miles of I-40. The project will also modify interchanges and replace bridges along I-40.
The project’s primary purpose is to provide relief from present and future congestion and provide a higher level of service on I-40.
- Bridge on Ramp -Y1RPBD- over I-440 westbound
- Bridges on Ramp -Y1RPBD- over I-40 westbound and I-40 eastbound – Replace with one structure
- Bridge on Ramp -Y1RPWB- over I-440 eastbound
- Bridge on SR 2542 (Rock Quarry Road) over I-40
- Bridge on SR 1004 (East Garner Road) over I-40
- Bridge on I-40 over US 70 Business
- Bridge on I-40 over Ramp -Y5RPC-
- Bridge on SR 2700 (White Oak Road) over I-40
- Bridge on I-40 over Swift Creek • Bridge(s) on NC 42 over I-40