Since 1999, GSC Surveying, Inc., has partnered with construction and engineering firms and their site development and highway construction projects. By utilizing today’s technology and applying traditional surveying principals, GSC Surveying, Inc. is able to provide our clients the best service available.
GSC Surveying brings over 30 years of combined construction survey experience to our clients. We take pride in every project for each of our clients. We believe in teaming with the design group, the contractor, and all subcontractors to complete the project on schedule. Whether it is providing information to an engineer for design, or staking for a contractor, we realize that the information we provide to the project is critical to the success of everyone involved. By working as a team, we know that each project will be a successful and profitable one for everyone.
GSC Surveying, Inc. was started in Raleigh, North Carolina in September of 1999 by Gregory Scott Crowder. Originally concentrating on highway construction surveying, GSC Surveying, Inc. has expanded its services in all areas of surveying from construction to design surveys for engineering companies. GSC Surveying, Inc. offers services in both Virginia and North Carolina and is a second-generation surveying company with over thirty years of combined experience. Greg began surveying in Virginia at the age of 9 with his father, Gene Crowder, who owned L.E. Crowder Construction, Inc. He worked every summer with his father, learning the trade, until graduation from Old Dominion University in 1992.
Professional Land Surveying Services
- Construction and Heavy Civil Staking
- 3D-Modeling for Machine Control
- UAV Flight Services
- Boundary Surveys
- ALTA Surveys
- Location and Design for Engineering
- Utility Routes
- Subdivision Staking
- Right-Of-Way Staking
- Topographic Surveys
- Easement Surveys
- Geodetic Control Surveys
GSC Surveying can provide surveying services from pre-engineering surveys through design and construction to final as-built and submittal.
- Provide control for GPS localization to insure project is setup in best configuration from the beginning to provide contractor confidence that Machine Control will operate at optimal performance.
- Control set by our crews experienced in GPS and Traditional Surveying Techniques
- Provide 3D-Model for Machine control.
- Model completed by PLS with experience in construction stakeout.
- Provide Construction Stakeout Services for items where Machine Control cannot be utilized.
- Provide Ongoing Project Tracking Services for progress throughout construction.
- Utilizing UAVs to give a bird’s eye view of the progress
- Calculate amount of excavation onsite.
- Calculate borrow from borrow source and onsite.
- Calculate amount of borrow/excavation needed on an ongoing basis.
- Topographic Mapping
- Subdivision Design and Platting
- Plats of Topography
- Area Computations
- Digital Terrain Modeling
Meet Our Team
PLS - Private Group